- BTD Wins Third Consecutive Safety Award of Merit
- New Lakeville Facility Now Operating
- Lakeville Trainers to Receive Training Of Their Own
- BTD Records A Safe 2012
- Illinois Employees to Complete International Organization for Standardization Training
- Employees Participating in Leadership Training Give Positive Reviews
- Detroit Lakes Facility Wraps Up Holiday Toy Drive
- Employee Retention and Engagement To Be A Focus in 2013
- Minneapolis Toy Drives A Success
- BTD Earns High Safety Marks in 2012
Manufacturing Output up in the First Quarter of 2012
May 03, 2012
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, manufacturing productivity rose 5.9 percent in the first quarter. Also on the rise was output per hour, up 10.8 percent, with durable goods showing the most improvement.
These numbers were more positive than other sectors of the economy, which showed slower growth.
With the gains in productivity and output, manufacturers could hire more workers and keep hours worked and output in alignment.